Saturday, October 29, 2011

spotlight ten: antique key and pearly necklace

the outfit: dress, thrifted; belt, thrifted; boots, gift from my love (as was the wedding ring ;) ; and necklace, designed by me.


this necklace is fairly self-explanatory (and pretty :) - an antique key from a bunch given to me (thanks, Melana!) along with a vintage costume pearl dangly thing... see, it probably would've been better if i HADN'T described it (you were thinking that, admit it ;).
i didn't think of my outfit as monochromatic (read: boring) until i saw these pictures all together like this! in my mind there were tans and creams and yellows and browns... my usual outfits involve a lot more color, i guess... but i still love it! just want to add like some colorful flowers to my hair or something. good thing we shot these 10 minutes before i left for work, or i might've made jason retake them with a little extra pizzazz of some kind... actually, the truth is, i started making some lovely mustard yellow legwarmers out of a beautifully crocheted scarf, which i was planning to wear with this dress. but it became too time-consuming (i am so all about immediate results - no patience for a couple hours of retying loose ends of yarn. i think i stuck with it for about 3 1/2 minutes. probably could get it done in an hour. but that's if i have the desire for delayed gratification sometime soon... which is unlikely with all my deadlines looming in the next three weeks (yes, finishing all my inventory for this light of christmas boutique next week is one, but then my sister's wedding is the next week. in honduras. i need to figure out how to travel in unsafe foreign countries with my almost-two-year-old quick. for example, do you bring a carseat?? and then her california reception is the following week, with lots of details still to work out, but not until after the women's retreat that i'm in charge of the nametags and gift bags for. and all the while, i'm supposed to be coordinating decor for church!) so much good stuff and even my-heart's-desire stuff. but i think it's too much - what do you think? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment