Tuesday, August 16, 2011

renegade!

 i had jason take these shots over a month ago now, as i was rushing out the door to the Renegade Craft Fair in LA (for an hour on my way to work that night - haha). i finally got inspired to post them after reading another blog post about wearing a skirt as a dress (here i thought i was the only one who did this! at least everyone looks at me like i am when i tell them it's a skirt... guess they're just not as much of "outside-the-box-thinkers" when it comes to their clothes ;)

i love this skirt-turned-dress because it hides (some of) the extras... and it's so "my style" - flowy, layers, ruffles, lace... kind of boho-indie-hippie but in a sweet kind of way. that's me :)

 couldn't complete the photo shoot without joey jumping into at least ten shots! he climbed up on the couch with me for this one ;)

and, my favorite part - my necklace. i took this closeup a different day (for my other blog), but wanted to show the detail of it here, too. i made this almost a year ago now, after coming home from probably the most inspiring class i've ever been to: Keith LoBue's mixed media jewelry class (can't remember what it was called) at Art Unraveled in Phoenix. i discovered there that i could "rivet" paper by putting a roll of it through a hole, and smashing it! the front ends up this lovely flower shape (and the back is just a smashed oval mess - you decide which side's the front after you smash it ;). this was something i invented myself, not an actual technique he taught - can you tell? ha.

 so when i came home, i immediately riveted these music pages into this metal gasket, added a chain, and voila! my favorite (and most popular) creation of jewelry ever! so many people ask me about this one (including this day at the Renegade Craft Fair! a couple of artists with their booths there were trying to get me to create a "line" of these! maybe i will! maybe i will...)

No comments:

Post a Comment