Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Long-Awaited (by me, haha) Anniversary Trip Post (1 of 3)



me and my honey, ready to leave for Catalina Island for a one-(and-a-half)-day excursion for our 8th anniversary!!
























what i'm wearing:
boots: a Christmas gift from my love
shorts: yes, those are the same thrifted cutoffs you have seen in multiple others of my posts - i like them, okay?? ;)
tank: thrifted
long-sleeves: french laundry (ok, really i got it at ross, but i'm pretty sure a style blogger's not supposed to admit they got ANYthing there. cheap, easily falling apart, not eco-friendly, inhumane - take your pick - oh well, it was last minute, and i did. so there.)
necklace: thrifted
purse: rafe, via Savers


Can you tell the part i was most excited about for this trip was the boat ride?? i purposely wore my most boat-y (er, nautical?) clothes - red and blue and stripes, and especially my purse! the handle is made out of rope! and the inside has blue stripes (see below)! can't get any more marinera than that!
f










so i was MOST looking forward to the boat ride, but we ended up having so much fun (ok, mostly me :) wandering around town, shooting photos of the little details (and each other)... it was so peaceful and restful, and a beautiful, colorful, weather-worn place - my absolute favorite! here's a rare shot of my awesome photographer husband:
there were SO many photos from this trip (it was a full 36 hours after all ;) so i chopped it into segments - next is the evening... stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment